Crabby Bill's started with a young man and his wife, Bill and Dolores Loder. They begun a life and family together, as well as a tradition for making home-cooked seafood the way it needs to be.
Dolores and Bill Loder had been in the seafood business since early after they married in 1954. They moved from New Jersey to Madeira Beach in 1968, but didn't open a restaurant until later, in 1975. They opened Captain Bill's Beach Kitchen where Dolores was in charge of the recipes and the cooking, while Bill had to shuck clams, oysters, etc. After a while, their family expanded with the marriage of their children. They sold the old Captain Bill's and relocated to Indian Rocks where they opened the first Crabby Bill's Seafood Restaurant. Since then, Crabby Bill's has grown and expanded to more areas of the Gulf, such as Clearwater and St. Cloud, carrying along Dolores' and Bill's love and passion for fresh seafood, as well as friendly hospitality.